Ann Harris Bennett
Tax Assessor-Collector
Property Tax Overpayments and Outstanding Refund Checks

The Tax Office holds unclaimed property tax overpayments made within the last three years and outstanding (uncashed) refund checks.

You can use the search tools in the tabs on the left to find if you are owed money. Then, complete the Application for Property Tax Refund for a refund of your overpayment. To have a refund check reissued, complete the Request for Replacement Refund Check. After your request has been reviewed and supporting documentation has been verified, the Tax Office will notify you whether your request has been approved. Refunds over $5,000 must also be approved by Commissioners Court.

Property Tax Overpayments

Only overpayments received within the last three years are included in the database. If you believe you may be due a refund complete the Application For Property Tax Refund or call 713-274-8160.

Outstanding Refund Checks

This database only includes uncashed refund checks (outstanding for more than 90 days) which have not been escheated to the State or County Treasurer.

If you find your name, you will need to download the Request for Replacement Refund[s] Check form. Mail the completed and signed form to:
Ann Harris Bennett, Harris County Tax Assessor-Collector
P.O. Box 4520
Houston, Texas

Search by Name:
Unclaimed Monies

Visit the Texas State Comptroller's Web site to search State unclaimed property databases at For unclaimed monies under $100, please call the Harris County Treasurer's Office at 713-755-5120.