The Harris County Tax Office has resumed all property tax services by appointments only. Please review the following information before scheduling your appointment below.
To ensure the safety of all customers, as well as our personnel, you will be required to comply with the following for your appointment:
- Services are by scheduled appointment only. Individuals without an appointment will receive instruction and assistance in setting an appointment for a future date and time.
- All customers will be screened prior to entering the building. Screening will include having your temperature taken, and you will be asked if you or any person you have been in contact with for the previous 14 days has had any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of Breath
- Body Aches
- All customers visiting the tax office will be required to wear a face mask or facial covering
- Social distancing must be followed (6 feet apart)
- Only customers with the appointment will be allowed into the building, with the following exceptions:
- ADA accommodations
- Customers with small children
- Elderly persons
- Payments can be made by check, cash, credit*/debit cards*, money orders and cashier checks.
- Please bring any documents that pertain to your reason for the appointment
If these requirements are not met, you may be required to reschedule your appointment at a later date.
It is very important that if you are picking up a tax certificate that you have been notified by email from our office that your tax certificates are ready. This will ensure you are not turned away for your appointment.
* All cards are subject to a non-refundable transaction fee of 2.45%.