Automobile appointments are required for all vehicle transactions and for vehicles that have never been registered in Texas (e.g., title transfer, new residents, homemade trailers). No appointment is needed for Texas vehicle registration renewals, special plates, registration/plate replacements, disabled placards, or disabled plates.
The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) handles apportioned registrations, lost or destroyed vehicle titles, and oversize/overweight permits. Go to or call 1(888)-368-4689 for assistance.

Ann Harris Bennett
Tax Assessor-Collector
Manufactured Homes

If you own a manufactured home and rent a space in a mobile home park or from another landowner, you should be receiving a separate tax bill for your manufactured home.

Manufactured homes that are declared as personal property are taxed separately from the land. If you are not receiving a separate bill, contact our office so that we may search for a tax account and instruct you on how to have the home added to the appraisal roll.

Our office does not update manufactured home titles. Ownership and location changes must be recorded with the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) - Manufactured Housing Division.

Before you buy or sell a used manufactured home, you should check the TDHCA ownership and lien information. You should also check for delinquencies with the local tax office(s). It’s important to do this research because you may not be able to update the Statement of Ownership (title) until the recorded liens have been released and taxes have been paid through the date of sale.

No change of ownership or location is complete until you have, both, updated the Statement of Ownership with the TDHCA and informed the Appraisal District of the changes. If the changes are not properly recorded with the Appraisal District, sellers may find themselves being sued for taxes incurred after they sold the home and buyers may be faced with unexpected tax bills for prior years omitted from the tax roll or that had invalid exemptions.

Manufactured Home Property Tax Services

When a property owner submits an application for a Statement of Ownership (title) to the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA), that office may request that the applicant also submit proof of property tax payment.

In order to satisfy this requirement, the property owner may apply to our office for any of the following:

Our staff is available to assist you with these and any questions regarding property taxes on manufactured housing. Contact us at:

By Mail:

Manufactured Homes Department
Harris County Tax Office
P.O. Box 4663
Houston, Texas 77210

In Person:

1001 Preston, Room 100
Houston, Texas 77002

Phone: (713) 274-8000

Fax: (713) 368-2219

Frequently Asked Questions

Related Forms
Manufactured Homes Inquiry
Other Resources
Tax Related Agencies