“Welcome to the Voter Registration Division of the Harris County Tax Office! We thank you for your desire to exercise your fundamental right to vote. Our office is proud to diligently serve you with efficiency, accuracy, and integrity.”
- Mike Sullivan, Tax Assessor-Collector
To vote in a Harris County election, you must be registered to vote at least 30 days before the election date. To change your name or address, a completed and signed application is also required.
Qualifications to Register to Vote:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You must be at least 17 years and 10 months old to register, and you must be 18 years of age by Election Day;
- You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and,
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
Confirm your Voter Registration Status
You may easily confirm your voter registration status by searching for it on our website or the Texas Secretary of State's website. If you are currently living in Harris County but are registered to vote in another county, you must be registered to vote in Harris County at least 30 days prior to Election Day in order to vote in Harris County.
Where to Register to Vote
Registering to vote is fast and easy! Simply complete a Voter Registration Application and mail the signed application (at least 30 days before the election date) to:
P.O. Box 3527
Houston, Texas 77253-9803
Obtain a Voter Registration Application by these convenient ways:
- Visit any Harris County Tax Office location and submit your completed, signed form from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our location can be found here.
- Download and print an application in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, or Chinese
- Request an application online from the Texas Secretary of State.
- Request an application via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) from the Harris County Tax Office.
- Call 713-368-VOTE (8683) to be assisted in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, or Chinese.
- You can pick-up an application at your local U.S. Postal office, library, high school, Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) site, Texas Health and Human Services Commission and other government offices.
Send completed voter registration applications to the address below:
P.O. Box 3527
Houston, TX 77253-3527